HEMANT JAI is a senior investment banking professional with over 12 years of experience and US$8-Billion closed in complex valuations, M&A and LBO transactions, financing, refinancing and advising companies across South and South-East Asian countries. Hemant brings along valuable experience in Investment Banking firms in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Indonesia, India, Malaysia, Europe and the United States, having worked with high tech companies, oil & gas majors, mining and natural resources companies, REITs, BPOs and KPOs in industries as diverse as media, automotive, dairy and chemicals.
Currently Hemant Jai is serving as an Executive Director at VTB Capital Plc, where he focuses on M&A and private financing transaction for clients across South and SE Asia. Prior to that, he held a C-Level position at Aries Capital Partners, following a long successful career as a Consultant with Tata Strategic Management Group, with the Corporate Finance Department of Merrill Lynch, as a Corporate Finance Manager at Macquarie Securities and as a Vice President at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate Finance Department.
Hemant holds an MBA from the Indian Institute of Management and Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering in Computer Science and Technology from Pune University, India.
SELECTED TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE:
- Facilitated a planned US$2B take-private transaction for an London Stock Exchange listed natural resources company;
- Advised on a US$1.5B sale of one of the largest Indonesian coal mining companies, to a local investment company;
- Guided a Singapore-Malaysia consortium in their US$1B forthcoming acquisition of an international wireless telecom player;
- Counseled an international hard-disk component manufacturer in its US$700M LBO acquisition by an American multinational private equity firm;
- Advised a Malaysian Sovereign Wealth Fund on the US$600M sale of its stake in IDX publicly listed financial institution;
- Led an US$600M refinancing by securitization of export receivables for the first investment grade structured finance transaction from Indonesia post the Asian financial crises of 1997;
- Executed an US$500M leveraged buy-out of an Indonesian Oil and Gas company;
- Advised an SGX listed flexible printed circuit board manufacturer in its US$500M acquisition by NASDAQ listed US competitor;
- Directed an SGX listed Airport Terminal Services company in its US$350M acquisition of SGX listed competitor, the largest integrated food company in Singapore;
- Counseled one of the largest KLSE listed integrated infrastructure conglomerates in Malaysia on its US$225M acquisition of SGX listed MP REIT and REIT Manager (owner of prime office and retail real estate properties on Orchard Road in Singapore);
- Completed acquisition financing of US$200M for an auto component manufacturing company in its acquisition of a European player;
- Financed a manufacturing company for US$150M in an export receivables backed financing transaction;
- Advised a major investment holding company in its US$50M acquisition of a major BPO and KPO player.