ANTHONY VASLIN is a senior M&A professional with more than 12 years of international experience in banking and management consulting. He has a proven track record of leading board-level clients through projects in finance and strategy. Anthony brings along valuable transaction experience in M&A, capital market and corporate finance across the EMEA and APAC regions, in industries as varied as Real Estate, Retail & Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Natural Resources, as well as Technology, Media & Telecommunications.
Anthony’s experience includes his role as an M&A Senior Associate at Goldman Sachs, where his key areas of expertise included financial analysis, corporate valuations and structured finance for public and private companies across industries as well as private equity and sovereign wealth funds. Prior to that, he held positions at Accenture and Fortis Bank respectively as a Strategy Consultant and an M&A Analyst. Anthony currently serves as an M&A Director at Naspers Group (JSE:NPN) where he is responsible for the long-term group strategy definition in Western Europe and management of the M&A pipeline.
Anthony holds an MBA from The University of Chicago Booth School of Business, a Master in International Finance from HEC Paris, and a Master in Corporate Finance from IAE (Institute for Economic Studies, France).
SELECTED TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE:
- Executed the successful divestment of several European technology and media assets for a combined enterprise value of $500m;
- Managed the valuation and due diligence workstreams for the $13bn merger between Abu-Dhabi developers Aldar and Sorouh;
- Prepared the fairness opinion and investment memorandum to support Simon Property Group’s €1.5bn equity investment in Klépierre;
- Arranged the €108m acquisition financing of office real estate in Dublin by Kennedy Wilson;
- On behalf of a British healthcare operator, identified catalysts and built the cash-flow model to assess refinancing scenarios for a £1.4bn CMBS restructuring (combination of partial amend and extend, liability management and IRS swap restructuring);
- Ran the valuation and financing modeling for a $300m asset acquisition in Turkey for a major European biotech company;
- Strategic due diligence and valuation of local subsidiaries in the €14.5bn acquisition of Fortis Bank by BNP Paribas – one of the largest European M&A deals;
- Constructed the investment model for a private equity fund dedicated to French territories overseas (Indian Ocean and the Caribbean). Arranged the €75m capital raising.