ANGEL ANGELOV is a seasoned investment banker with over 7 years of experience in the European and Asia Pacific markets. He has provided financial advisory services to mid-sized and large clients both on buy-side as well as on sell-side assignment with total transaction record of more than $3 billion. Angel is particularly instrumental in fundraising, due diligence and valuation assignments for companies from a wide spectrum of industries: telecommunication, media, clean technology, real estate, agriculture and manufacturing.
Angel graduated with honors (summa cum laude) the School of Business at Ithaca College with majors in Finance and International Business and a minor in Economics. He started his career at the Investment Banking Division of Citigroup, New York and then continued his career at the Financial Advisory Department of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Sofia.
He currently holds the position of Senior Vice President of the California-based boutique investment bank Bridge Venture Partners working on equity and debt fundraising assignments for start-ups and constantly expanding the relationships with private equity and venture capital funds.
SELECTED TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE:
- Transaction advisory assignment in the $830 million acquisition of Nova Televisia Bulgaria by the Swedish media conglomerate Modern Times Group
- Sell-side transaction services to the $130 million privatization of Bulgartabac Holding by the Russian VTB Capital
- Valuation of BTC (Vivacom) in the $2.1 billion debt restructuring of the company
- Fundraising assignment of over $200 million for a pool of hotels and other real estate developments in Thailand
- Transaction services to Citi Venture Capital International for the $100 million acquisition of minority stake in Huvepharma, Bulgaria
- Full-scope sell-side mandate, including due diligence and valuation, of Dobrinishte Ski Area in Bulgaria