ANAND PHANSE is a senior investment professional with more than 10 years of experience in investing, buy-out transactions, refinancing, complex valuations and advising companies, both in the UK and internationally. Anand brings along valuable experience from having worked on Private Equity and Venture Capital style transactions in Europe, North America, and Asia. He has invested in and worked with companies such as Tesla Motors, Daimler-Benz, and Babcock & Brown.
Anand's experience includes his role as a Partner and Investment Director at Fjord Capital Partners, a London-based investment management firm, focusing on resource efficiency, where he specialized in investing in growth and buyout situations across UK, Europe, and US. Prior to that, Anand also spent time at Lehman Brothers Inc. and Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. as a senior business analyst and associate. Currently Anand is leading the activities at Actinide Ltd. as a Founder and Director, and is responsible for business advisory, strategy, investments, and consulting assignments for key clients.
Anand holds an MBA from the International University of Japan and BTech in Chemical Engineering from the Laxminarayan Insitute of Technology, India.
SELECTED TRANSACTION EXPERIENCE:
• Advised a Swiss company on their US$200 million corporate bond and lease funding strategy for an infrastructure project;
• Leveraged buy-out from Babcock & Brown of their Portuguese wind assets. Consortium deal with over 500 MW built and operational wind farms. Total enterprise value over €1 billion;
• Guided the Sale of a high growth SAAS business to PE backed corporate in the UK;
• Partial secondary purchase and subsequent growth capital injection into a gas/diesel engine waste heat recovery equipment manufacturer in UK;
• Completed a €900 million refinancing for a European energy company by inversion of bank loans into corporate bonds;
• Led the buy-out from a venture capital firm of an industrial technology development company in Denmark. Subsequently raised additional capital from an institutional investor;
• Growth investment into a bipolar Ni-MH battery company in Sweden;
• Founders round investment into a biomass-based independent power producer and development company in Italy;
• Last pre-IPO round investment in Tesla Motors together with Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity authority and Daimler-Benz;
• Structured over US$1 Billion of credit derivative linked transactions (FTDs and leveraged CLNs) for Japanese clients.